We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to the setting through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
Parents (or carers) can put their child/ children on our waiting lists by downloading the forms from the links above or by calling in to pre-school to pick up a hard copy. If you are interested in looking around the setting and talking to staff then please ring or e-mail to arrange a convenient time slot. We offer support in any way we can to parents who may have difficulty with written English.
The full admissions policy can be seen here.
Breakfast club places and fees
- The breakfast club has 24 places
- The breakfast club is for pre-school children and for children that attend Greystones Primary school
- Children who attend breakfast club already will have priority for a place as will their siblings
- All other children are allocated places dependent on their time on the waiting list
- A place at breakfast club is allocated for the school year
- Fees are £5.00 a morning and need to be paid at the beginning of each half term. Payment can be by internet bank transfer or cash. Vouchers are also accepted for places.
- Pre-school aims to have a balance of older (next school year) and younger (the year after) children attending each day. This ensures that there is some continuity between years, i.e. all children do not leave at once. Each school year (starting Sept 1st) therefore has its own waiting list and children are recruited from each list, dependent on their time on the list, with the aim of ensuring a suitable balance is achieved.
- Children must be at least 2½ years old before they can attend a pre-school session . Children must be 3 years old before they can attend breakfast club. We currently offer 30 places in a pre-school session with a maximum of 6 children under 3.
- Children who attend all day have priority for a lunch club place. There is a maximum of 24 children in lunch club.
- In line with the code of practice looked after children are given priority when allocating places and we endeavour to keep a place open to accommodate an emergency.
- Please be aware that attendance at pre-school will not have an effect on the allocation of places in reception at Greystones Primary School.
- Our main recruitment period is in the summer term. To speed up the process groups of parents will be e-mailed (or rung up) at the same time. Places will be allocated and confirmed when the booking secretary speaks directly to a parent. Parents need to respond to any offer within the time period given, after that time a new group of parents will be contacted. This will be followed up by a welcome pack being delivered to the child’s address. Further information will also be e-mailed.
- It is the responsibility of a parent on the waiting list to inform us of any change of contact details and we would appreciate a phone call or e-mail if you no longer require a place on the list.
- At the current time we have a number of children waiting to attend pre-school so please get your child's name down early. We are happy to work with local child minders and other providers to ensure a families’ needs are met.
- A place at pre-school is offered for the academic year. Children staying with us for two years will have an opportunity to change their patterns of attendance for the next academic year.
- Fees are set by the pre-school committee and are payable at the start of each half term. They are non-refundable. They are £5.50 per hour.
- Payment can be made preferably by internet bank transfer or by cash. An invoice states the date by which any money owing should be paid.
- We currently take a number of different childcare vouchers.
Free early learning for 3 and 4 year olds
Children become eligible for free early on the date below
|A child born in the period||Will be eligible for a free place|
|1st April to 31st August||Start of the autumn term (September) following their 3rd birthday|
|1st September to 31st December||Start of the spring term (January) following their 3rd birthday|
|1st January to 31st March||Start of the summer term (April) following their 3rd birthday|
- From September 2017 some children have been entitled to claim an extra 15 hours per week, i.e. up to 30 hours in total.
- Breakfast club, pre-school sessions and lunch club can all be claimed as part of the FEL.
- A child can claim FEL funding at a maximum of two providers at the same time.
- Up to 3 weeks funding a school year will be paid for a child who goes on holiday. This must be agreed with pre-school. The FEL does not cover additional holidays so your child’s place will need to be paid for.
- We require 4 weeks notice in writing to give up a place
Free early learning for 2 year olds
We can also access the 2 year old FEL for children meeting the criteria. You can ring 2734567 to find out more information and to see if you are eligible.